Want to have handles like Steph Curry? You need to put in a lot of time and practice, but this ball-handling routine is a good start. Here is the Steph Curry Driveway Ball-Handling that you can do. This is a great set of ball handling drills for your everyday practic.
This is Steph Curry’s pregame ball-handling routine. He spends about ~10 seconds each exercise. So the whole routine takes less than 3 minutes! This is just daily rep work to get warmed up and keep his handle tight.
Start with 2 basketballs…
- 2 Ball Low Pound
- 2 Ball Alt Pound
- 2 Ball 1 Bounce + Crossover (crossover both balls)
- 2 Ball 1 Bounce + Between Legs
○ One ball crosses, the other goes between legs
○ Switch direction each time- same ball is always going between legs
- 2 Ball Windshield Wipers (Front V- Same Direction)
- 2 Ball W (Front V- Inside the Out)
- 2 Ball Side V (Front-back)
- 2 Ball Side Alternating V (One ball going front and one back)
- 2 Ball Pound + Around Leg (one hand pound dribble, other wrap around leg w/1 bounce)
- 2 Ball Pound + Around Leg + Cross (behind back and front- switch hands) + Cross
Move to 1 Ball + Coach/Partner (or wall)…
- Cross + Between Legs + Behind Back + 1 Handed Pass to Coach —> Coach passes back to opposite hand
- *Same as above but 2x…Cross-Cross + Between Legs-Between Legs (Front) + Behind Back-Behind Back + Pass
- *Same as above but 3x…
- *Same as above but 4x…
Here is a video of his full pregame work and how you can do this Steph Curry Driveway Ball-Handling routine.
This routine is something you can use as a warmup just like Steph. Or it can be used to help develop your handle.
So do you have 5 minutes to get better?
Try out the Steph Curry Driveway Ball-Handling routine today!