Mike Anderson, Head Coach at the University of Arkansas has never had a losing season in 13 years. He teaches an up-tempo, face paced program using pressure defense and hard-nosed basketball. Now you can get an all-access pass to Coach Anderson’s basketball practice and implement his principles and guide your team to success.
- Heavy emphasis on skill development with time-saving drills that work on passing, ball handling, footwork, and shooting.
- Two-ball shooting drills for improving shot accuracy and off-dribble spot-up shots.
- Guard/post breakdowns, attacking the rim, and drills for playing through contact.
- 1-on-1 drills for denying passes to the wing and 2-on-2 drills for defensive awareness.
- Secondary break options in full-court up and down scenarios
- 5-on-5 scrimmages to work on skills and fundamentals from the previous practice at a game speed.
- 1-on-1 Zig Zag drills and Medicine Ball Weave for developing strength and guarding the full length of the court.
- Curl shooting, finishing, rebounding, 3-on-3 half-court and v-cut drills.
- 5-on-5 scrimmage
- Skip passing, screens, wing catch attacks, re-posting, and basic passing.
- Trapping work and post defense with 2-on-2 rebound outlet and 5-on-4 scrambling drills
- 2-2-1 press and half-court trapping 2-3 zone in full-court 5-on-5
- Special situation drills including running off free throws
257 minutes (3 DVDs). 2015.