Butler Bulldogs vs Villanova Wildcats Blobs by Chris Filios
On Wednesday night, Chris Holtmann and the Butler Bulldogs did something no one has done since Providence February 3, 2013, beat Villanova in The Pavilion. But that wasn’t the only streak that was snapped by Butler:
– It snapped a 48-game win streak at The Pavilion for Villanova and was the 1st loss there for this senior class (was 45-0).
– It snapped an 18-game home win streak overall for Villanova.
– It was Villanova’s 1st ever home loss an AP top-2 team (was 13-0).
– It was Butler’s first ever road win against an AP top-5 team (was 0-11).
– It was Butler’s 1st ever win at Villanova (was 0-3).
The Bulldogs’ Kelan Martin scored 22 points and fueled a stunning second-half rally to lead No. 22 Butler past No. 2 Villanova for a score of 74-66. Baldwin added 15 points for the Bulldogs, who have handed the defending national champ Villanova Wildcats two of their three losses this year.
Jalen Brunson scored 24 points, and J. Hart had 18 points for the Villanova Wildcats, which came into this game having already clinched at least a share of their fourth straight Big East regular-season conference title.
After a rough stretch that included three losses in four games, the Bulldogs have won three straight and have put together one of the best resumes in college basketball this season. With wins over Arizona, Villanova (twice), Indiana, Xavier, Marquette, Cincinnati, and Northwestern, the Bulldogs have positioned themselves for a high seed in this year’s NCAA Tournament.
Click on the pdf link to download the Butler Bulldogs vs Villanova Wildcats Blobs: